International Tax Manager required by global organisation to join its Group Tax and Status team. International Tax Manager will specialise in tax advice on overseas tax matters for the organisation’s business units and regional finance teams ensuring the organisation manages tax risks, adopts appropriate corporate status solutions overseas and responds to legislative developments in the key operational jurisdictions.
Based at our clients prestigious offices in London the role offers a fantastic opportunity to join a multicultural environment. They are offering a salary up to £70K+ bonus & exceptional benefits including attractive pension scheme (employer contributions up to 22%) and 32 days holiday plus bank holidays.
International Tax Manager – key skills & experience
- Direct tax consulting knowledge in at least one major jurisdiction
- Familiarity with international tax concepts and principles (e.g. permanent establishment, double tax agreements and application of withholding taxes)
- Awareness of OECD transfer pricing concepts and requirements
- CTA, ADIT or ATT qualification with Chartered Institute of Taxation or equivalent
Plus one or more of the following:
- In-house tax department experience for multi-national corporate
- Direct/International Tax specialist experience at experienced manager/senior manager level within a professional firm (preferably Big Four)
- Group tax reporting and/or CbCR experience
- Experience of establishing new trading entities overseas
- Experience of preparing transfer pricing documentation and/or managing fiscal audits
- Experience of multinationals responding to overseas tax changes (e.g. Gulf States VAT)
International Tax Manager – main duties
- Provide expert direct tax advice and clear explanations for the benefit of regional finance colleagues and Strategic Business Units leads in relation to tax structuring of intra-group transactions, income contracts and new business opportunities.
- For specific country tax and status regularisation projects, take the lead technical consulting role on taxation aspects (in particular, local direct tax withholding tax and sales taxes), including reviewing instructions to local tax advisers tailored to our specific business needs, challenging and interpreting advice and liaison with country finance, legal, governance and global network colleagues in the Status and Tax Workstream to ensure compliant and tax efficient solutions.
- Work with regional finance colleagues and subsidiaries accountants, to implement appropriate transfer pricing charging arrangements for intra-group services involving overseas entities to support the Organisation’s overall direct tax strategy to ensure compliance with the UK and Global tax law / obligations whilst minimising direct tax liability and optimising cash-flow
- Take responsibility for reviewing consolidated corporate income tax group reporting for the purposes of the Annual Report and Country by Country Reporting returns completed by regional finance teams.
For further information regards this fantastic opportunity to join this multicultural international organisation, offering a a salary up to £70K+ bonus & exceptional benefits including attractive pension scheme (employer contributions up to 22%) and 32 days holiday plus bank holidays.