Head of Taxation required by global organisation to lead, as a member of the UK Finance Leadership Team, a specialist in-house tax function, providing direction for our client’s complex global operations on management and compliance with UK and overseas tax requirements, both direct and indirect.
Based at our clients prestigious offices in East London the role offers a fantastic opportunity to join a multicultural environment. They are offering a salary up to £84K + bonus & exceptional benefits including attractive pension scheme (employer contributions up to 22%) and 32 days holiday plus bank holidays.
The scope of the role includes tax policy and strategy, group tax reporting, charity taxation requirements, efficient structuring of new and existing products, establishing suitable corporate trading entities overseas and management of global tax risks. The role-holder is responsible for ensuring that our client’s tax affairs are managed efficiently to protect its cash flow, funds and reputation in accordance with all relevant policies, laws and regulations.
Head of Taxation – Key Skills & Experience
- Direct tax consulting knowledge in the UK and at least one major overseas jurisdiction
- Awareness of indirect tax regimes in at least one major jurisdiction
- Familiarity with international tax concepts and principles (e.g. permanent establishment, double tax agreements and application of withholding taxes)
- Statutory legal entity reporting
- Awareness of OECD transfer pricing concepts and requirements
- Experience of managing a team of tax or finance professionals to achieve corporate objectives
- CTA, ADIT or ATT qualification with Chartered Institute of Taxation or equivalent professional body
Head of Taxation – Accountabilities
- Responsibility for the organisation’s overall tax strategy to ensure compliance with UK and global business and charity tax laws and regulations, whilst legitimately minimising tax costs and optimising the wider group’s cash flow and resources.
- Advise and inform the Chief Financial Officer and, as required, the wider Senior Leadership Team and Strategic Business Unit heads on tax strategy, global tax costs, material legislative developments, tax risks and relationships with overseas tax authorities as the organisation’s corporate status in key jurisdictions continues to evolve.
- Oversee consolidated corporate income tax group reporting and contingent tax liabilities for the purposes of the organisations Annual Report and Country by Country Reporting returns completed by regional finance teams.
- Reporting, as may be required from time to time, on tax matters to stakeholders including the Board of Trustees’ Audit & Finance Committee.
- Provide expert direct tax advice and clear explanations for the benefit of regional finance colleagues and Strategic Business Units leads in relation to tax structuring of intra-group transactions, income contracts and new business opportunities.
For further information regards this fantastic opportunity to join this multicultural international organisation, offering a salary up to £84K + bonus & exceptional benefits including attractive pension scheme (employer contributions up to 22%) and 32 days holiday plus bank holidays.