Senior Java Developer required by specialist solution provider of complex web applications to the healthcare sector in the UK and internationally.
You will work as part of a development team fulfilling a senior Java Developer role with experience working on an object oriented application using Java, to become part of a growing, friendly, knowledgeable and hardworking team.
The company is based in Chester, Cheshire and the role will combine remote/home working with occasional visits to the office and to client locations (when permitted). They are offering an attractive salary to £50K + an excellent benefits package
Senior Java Developer – Key skills and experience
- Experience with Java (Essential)
- Experience with SQL (Essential)
- Experience with Hibernate
- Confident talking and communicating
- Exposure to VBA
- Comfortable learning new things.
- A desire to learn new technologies and skills.
Senior Java Developer – Accountabilities and Tasks:
As a senior Java Developer with experience working on an object oriented application using Java you will undertake the following activities:-
- Liaise with customers to clarify and deliver software enhancements
- Implement application changes
- Perform support tasks (1st, 2nd and 3rd line activities)
- Assist in on-boarding new clients
- Be capable and confident of performing product demonstrations (this will not be a primary activity but considered a useful back-up when needed)
- Project management and assisting in other areas of IT outside of development if and when required.
Other key tasks include:
- Perform development tasks as per the release cycle
- Assist with customer questions
- Assist with the installation of the software at customer sites
- Participate in site visits when required
- Perform demonstrations of the product if required.
- Shape the direction of the product.
There will be occasional requirements to travel to customer sites internationally, so a valid passport will be required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a close knit team, working in central Chester/remotely in an interesting dynamic and forward thinking organisation working on cutting edge development in a high tech environment. In return the Java Developer will enjoy a competitive salary to £50K + excellent Benefits, a stimulating working environment and the opportunity to add new skills to your career experience.