SQL Server DBA required by a fast growing, market leading ‘Top 100’ company with a powerful portfolio of products and opportunity. Responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server databases, and ensuring the availability and consistent performance of our clients’ corporate applications, the role will require you to take ownership of the management and some development of the SQL Server databases, ensuring operational readiness.
The role reports to the Head of Data Engineering and is based on the Chester border with some remote working. Our client offers a salary of circa £50k per annum plus attractive benefits and the chance to work in a progressive and dynamic environment.
SQL Server DBA – Skills and experience:-
- MS SQL Server Administration experience
- Ideally experience administering both Azure SQL Database and SQL Managed Instance
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Administration, design, and implementation knowledge of SSIS and SSRS
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
Our client is currently in the process of migrating an SQL Server estate from physical instances into Azure, therefore the successful candidate will ideally have a demonstrable experience of working with, managing, and supporting database instances on the Azure platform. Hands-on experience of migrating workloads into Azure would also be a distinct advantage.
This is a hands-on position requiring excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and solid technical skills and experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive, top 100 company with extensive career development opportunities and a flexible working environment. The successful SQL DBA will be entitled to a salary of up to £50,000 plus an attractive benefits package.