Database Administrator (DBA) required with knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle by our client an expanding international IT Software Solutions company. You will join their team to enhance the performance, optimisation, profiling, and analysis of their database systems.
This role will primarily focus on Oracle, SQL Server environments, with a strong preference for candidates who also have experience with other RDBMS and experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure and GCP with the capability to operate within diverse, platform-independent environments.
Our client is based on the Cheshire/North Wales region with remote working (You will only be required to work in the office 2 days per month) so this is a great opportunity to join an exceptional team working on exciting projects in a stimulating international environment. In return you will enjoy a competitive salary and benefits and remote working allowing candidates from further afield to apply.
Database Administrator (DBA) – Key skills and experience
1.Ideally c5 years experience in database administration, with a focus on design, performance tuning, optimisation, profiling, and analysis.
2.Knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle, with experience in other RDBMS and cloud platforms highly desirable.
3.Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and best practices.
4.Proficiency with database performance tools such as SQL Profiler, event tracing etc.
5.Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to identify and resolve complex performance issues.
6.Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
7.Ability to work independently and as part of a team, managing multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
Database Administrator (DBA) -Responsibilities:
Performance Tuning and Optimisation:
- Develop and implement strategies for database performance tuning and optimisation across Oracle, SQL Server, and other RDBMS platforms.
- Analyse and resolve database performance issues, identifying problematic queries, and optimising query plans.
- Collaborate with development teams and stakeholders to design efficient and scalable database schemas that support application requirements and performance goals.
- Evaluate existing database designs, identifying areas for improvement and optimisation.
Profiling and Analysis:
- Perform regular database profiling and analysis to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement.
Capacity Planning and Scalability:
- Assess and manage database capacity, planning for growth and scalability.
- Work with stakeholders to understand requirements and develop strategies for database expansion and resource allocation.
Database Administration and Support:
- Administer, install, configure, maintain, and manage Oracle, SQL Server, RDS and other RDBMS platforms.
- Implement and manage database backups, recovery plans, and disaster recovery procedures.
Collaboration and Continuous Improvement:
- Collaborate with development, infrastructure, test, projects, support and internal business teams to ensure database performance and reliability.
- Interface with end users and all other external stakeholders in order to determine their evolving needs including ideal deployment and scalability requirements for new product capabilities.
For further information regards this exciting opportunity including the salary, please forward your CV to Elaine Hallworth – Account Director ASAP and we will contact you to discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail.