Exciting opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join our client an international software solutions company, we are seeking a candidate with a broad selection of technical and communication skills with a background in Infrastructure focusing on developing & maintaining the deployment of Internal & Client Infrastructure systems.
This is a great opportunity to join a close-knit team working on exciting projects in a stimulating environment. In return you will enjoy a salary up to £40K and benefits. Our client is based minutes from the A55 in Denbighshire with easy access from the Wirral, Cheshire, and North Wales regions and is offered on a hybrid basis with c2 days working in the office.
Infrastructure Engineer – Skills and Experience in some of the following:-
With regards to technical skills, our client does not necessarily expect candidates to have experience of every item listed. Our client will judge candidates primarily on their depth of knowledge and experience of the items they do claim to have experience of:-
- Knowledge of Windows Server and Linux (or at least one at advanced level).
- Competent in installing, configuring and maintaining servers (Windows/Linux).
- Competent in installing and managing web server technology (Apache/IIS).
- Knowledge of the deployment of application server technologies (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss).
- Knowledge of Infrastructure device management and policies (firewalls, switches etc).
- Ideally skills in network design and implementation principles.
- Ability to design and implement resilience mechanisms.
- Ability to design and manage backup solutions.
- Knowledge of Windows & Linux Scripting languages
- Knowledge of installation of DBMS solutions such as Oracle or SQLServer.
- Knowledge of implementation of EDI, XML and Web Services.
- Experience with virtualisation tools (e.g. VMWare/Hyper-V etc).
- Strong knowledge with the configuration of Cloud platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS / Azure).
Infrastructure Engineer – Responsibilities:
- Interfacing with multiple internal stakeholders across all departments of the company.
- Interfacing with end users and all other external stakeholders in order to determine their evolving needs including ideal deployment and scalability requirements for new product capabilities.
- Building and maintaining scalable, reliable and repeatable infrastructure.
- Ensuring business continuity and systems availability.
- Ensuring security and adherence to ISO 27001 security standards.
- Flexibility to on occasion deal with out of hours issues.
- Produce and maintain a high level of Documentation for company processes
- Provide an active involvement in developing strategic business goals.
- Work alongside the Infrastructure Manager to deliver the Technical Plan.
For further information about this interesting role, please forward your CV to our team and we will provide further information on this interesting career opportunity.