Fantastic opportunity for a Data Analyst to join our client to be responsible for fulfilling the operational reporting and information needs of their business using SQL Server databases.
This is a great role for a Data Specialist to combine business and IT experience to join a progressive IT department of a financial services provider. You will work in a hands-on capacity and be rewarded with a great cultural working environment and a competitive salary to £30K plus excellent benefits and working in a hybrid working environment (1 – 2 days per week required at the clients Lancashire offices).
Data Analyst – Skills & Experience:
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- SQL Server
- Ideally experience with Oracle and SSRS and integration
- Reports and data processes
- Experience in gathering and refining customer requirements
- Good working knowledge of other systems e.g., Excel, Access etc.
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Windows Desktops
- Service management/helpdesk (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience of working in the financial sector
A degree in Information Technology/Science/Mathematics or equivalent education and experience will be advantageous.
Data Analyst – responsibilities:
- Implement business reports using Oracle or SQL Server database and reporting technologies
- Develop in conjunction with the wider business, an MI reporting strategy, evaluating and deploying the most appropriate toolset and techniques for the Company
- Develop a good understanding of the business and effectively communicate technical solutions in non-technical terms
- Develop data interfaces between internal systems to extract or import data for reporting purposes
- Delivery against regulatory reporting requirements
- Demonstrate an informed knowledge of the business to resolve problems on an on-going basis
- Possess demonstrated expertise in SQL technologies and data architecture
- Work on multiple projects both as a leader and as a project team member
- Consult with business users for needs assessment
This is an excellent opportunity to join this professional working environment with lots of career development opportunities. The successful applicant will enjoy an attractive salary of c £30k pa plus benefits and a hybrid working environment, (remote working days offered).
For further information forward your CV to Steve Hallworth at Elevate Recruitment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com