Infrastructure Engineer required to join an expanding software solutions company. We are seeking a candidate with a broad selection of technical and communication skills with a background in Infrastructure focusing on of Windows Server and/or Linux (or at least one at advanced level).
This is a great opportunity to join a close-knit team working on exciting projects in a stimulating environment. In return you will enjoy a competitive salary and package.
This is a hybrid role with remote working c 3 days/week, the client is based in St Asaph, a couple minutes from the A55 with easy access from the Wirral, Cheshire, and North Wales.
Infrastructure Security Engineer – Skills and Experience in some of the following:-
With regards to technical skills, we do not necessarily expect candidates to have experience of every item listed. We will judge candidates primarily on their depth of knowledge and experience of the items they do claim to have experience of.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server and Linux (or at least one at advanced level).
- Competent in installing, configuring and maintaining servers (Windows/Linux).
- Competent in installing and managing web server technology (Apache/IIS).
- Knowledge of the deployment of application server technologies (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss).
- Advanced knowledge of Infrastructure device management and policies (firewalls, switches etc).
- Strong knowledge of network design and implementation principles.
- Ability to design and implement resilience mechanisms.
- Ability to design and manage backup solutions.
- Knowledge of Windows & Linux Scripting languages
- Knowledge of installation of DBMS solutions such as Oracle or SQLServer.
- Knowledge of implementation of EDI, XML and Web Services.
- Experience with virtualisation tools (e.g. VMWare/Hyper-V etc).
- Strong knowledge with the configuration of Cloud platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS / Azure).
- Knowledge of EDI principles and the configuration of SFTP, HTTPS and digital certificates.
- Knowledge of infrastructure monitoring.
- Knowledge of Information Management systems (e.g. Jira / Confluence / SharePoint)
- Knowledge of Systems Security Practices.
Infrastructure Security Engineer – Main Requirements & Responsibilities
- Develop & Maintain the deployment of Internal & Client Infrastructure systems
- Interfacing with multiple internal stakeholders across all departments of the company.
- Interfacing with end users and all other external stakeholders in order to determine their evolving needs including ideal deployment and scalability requirements for new product capabilities.
- Building and maintaining scalable, reliable and repeatable infrastructure.
- Ensuring business continuity and systems availability.
- Flexibility to on occasion deal with out of hours issues.
- Produce and maintain a high level of Documentation for company processes
- Work alongside the Infrastructure Manager to deliver the Technical Plan.
For further information about this interesting role, please forward your CV to our team and we will provide further information to you
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org