Infrastructure Security Engineer required to join an expanding software solutions company, we are seeking a candidate with a broad selection of technical and communication skills with a background in Infrastructure focusing on Security implementation and maintenance.
This is a great opportunity to join a close-knit team working on exciting projects in a stimulating environment. In return you will enjoy a salary up to £40K and benefits including a company pension scheme. Our client is based minutes from the A55 with easy access from the Wirral, Cheshire, and North Wales.
Infrastructure Security Engineer – Skills and Experience in some of the following:-
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server and/or Linux (or at least one at advanced level).
- Competent in installing, configuring and maintaining servers (Windows/Linux).
- Security auditing from an infrastructure perspective
- Multi factor authentication implementation
- Identification of providers
- Competent in installing and managing web server technology (Apache/IIS).
- Knowledge of the deployment of application server technologies (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss).
- Advanced knowledge of communications device management and policies (firewalls, switches etc).
- Strong knowledge of network design and implementation principles.
- Ability to design and implement resilience mechanisms.
- Ability to design and manage backup solutions.
- Knowledge of implementation of EDI, XML and Web Services.
- Experience with virtualisation tools (e.g. VMWare/Hyper-V etc).
- Strong knowledge with the configuration of Cloud platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS / Azure).
- Knowledge of EDI principles and the configuration of SFTP, HTTPS and digital certificates.
- Implementation of UPS based recovery solutions.
- Knowledge of infrastructure monitoring.
With regards to technical skills, our client does not necessarily expect candidates to have experience of every item listed. Our client will judge candidates primarily on their depth of knowledge and experience of the items they do claim to have experience of:-
Infrastructure Security Engineer – Main Requirements & Responsibilities
- Candidates need to be a proactive, self-motivated and have the ability to work well both in a group and on individual tasks, with a hands-on approach and mind set for improvement and optimisation.
- Interfacing with multiple internal stakeholders including Development, Projects, Test and Support teams.
- Interfacing with end users and all other external stakeholders in order to determine their evolving needs including ideal deployment and scalability requirements for new product capabilities.
- Building and maintaining scalable, reliable and repeatable infrastructure.
- Ensuring business continuity and systems availability.
- Ensuring security and adherence to ISO 27001 security standards.
- Flexibility to on occasion deal with out of hours issues.
- Work alongside the Infrastructure Manager to deliver the Technical Plan.
For further information about this interesting role, please forward your CV to our team and we will provide further information to you