IT Project Manager required to manage the delivery of small to medium sized projects for a national company offering an exciting project delivery opportunity on a variety of wide ranging of projects.
IT Project Manager will be joining a leading north west based company working in an international supplier environment with a great cultural setup – if appointed you will be rewarded with an excellent salary to £50k pa plus a £6K car allowance, bonus & benefits.
IT Project Manager – Key skills and experience:-
- Good IT industry experience
- Good project management experience including planning, reporting, budgetary and issue/risk management
- Business knowledge (ideally commercial sector experience – financial or retail)
- Good knowledge across a variety of SDLC methodologies (e.g. waterfall and agile) and best practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations
- Good influencing and negotiation skills both with internal stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers.
- Experience managing IT 3rd party suppliers and partners both on and offshore
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills with the ability to work proactively with minimal supervision
IT Project Manager will be working closely with one or two third parties; delivery by resources in multiple locations / countries; involving changes primarily to a single IT systems; the introduction, removal or modification to technical architecture and include elements of business change.
IT Project Manager will provide sustained project delivery management and assurance across a broad range of application and infrastructure projects, including:
- Setting up the overarching project governance for each project; liaising with all parties to ensure that the defined processes are embedded and adhered to (including 3rd party due diligence; formulation of contracts; organisational structures and roles & responsibilities; stakeholder mapping; escalation paths; reporting and key meetings; communication strategy; planning; risks and issue management; deliverables definition & associated acceptance; change control process; etc.)
- Driving the planning process to develop high level plans for the whole project, and mid-level and detailed plans for each stage/work stream, identifying activities, tasks, dependencies and milestones
- Managing and tracking of progress (across all teams involved) and budget from concept to closure against plan and take action to minimise slippage, reporting regularly to IT and/or business management as appropriate
- The review and approval of project deliverables on behalf of IT
- Ensuring the transition and handover of projects into ongoing service and support is facilitated successfully.
Apply now to discuss in more detail this great career opportunity for this leading north west based company and the package including an excellent salary to £50k pa plus a £6K car allowance, bonus & benefits.