Oracle DBA required to join an expanding software solutions company, responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical Oracle Server databases, ensuring the availability and consistent performance of Database.
This is a great opportunity to join a close-knit team working on exciting projects in a stimulating environment. In return you will enjoy a salary up to £40K and benefits including a company pension scheme. The client is based minutes from the A55 with easy access from the Wirral, Cheshire, and North Wales.
Oracle DBA – Key skills and experience:-
- Advanced Knowledge of installation of DBMS solutions, primarily Oracle.
- Experience of developing high performance and optimised relational databases.
- Extensive experience of collaborating with development team on the design and implementation of database including services, data stores, stored procedures, and replication, as well as storage structures (tablespaces).
- The candidate must be confident in the creation, alteration and maintenance of the Oracle databases. They should also be experienced in debugging of issues that arise in the Oracle Database and be security conscious both in existent databases and in applying security features to new databases.
- Knowledge of the design and implementation of security and data access methods to ensure services are properly controlled, monitored and audited.
- Have previous experience of taking the lead to document and maintain scripts to perform various aspects of data management and system administration.
- Experience with the configuration of Cloud platforms (eg. Amazon AWS).
Oracle DBA – Accountabilties:-
Candidate needs to be a Proactive, self-motivated and have the ability to work well both in a group and on individual tasks, with a hands-on approach and mindset for improvement and optimisation.
You will need to integrate with the Infrastructure team, with a ‘can do’ attitude towards embracing other generic tasks within the team, as well as database specific tasks.
Interface with multiple internal stakeholders including Development, Projects, Test and Support teams.
Interfacing with end users and all other external stakeholders in order to determine their evolving needs including ideal deployment and scalability requirements for new product capabilities.
Responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical Oracle Server databases, ensuring the availability and consistent performance of Database.
This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
For more information about this great opportunity to join a close-knit team working on exciting projects in a stimulating environment forward me your CV and I will contact you to discuss the role etc and how you could earn a salary up to £40K and benefits including a company pension scheme.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org