UX Designer required by an international organisation, currently implementing a global business transformation programme. UX Designer will deliver high quality user experience and design solutions which meet the business needs of the organisation’s online activity, in line with the vision of the Digital Director and Global Head of User Experience and Visual Design. Working with stakeholders, the UX Designer will contribute to the development of user experience solutions for online products and complex projects across the organisation, leading their implementation as required.
This will involve working closely with a range of stakeholders, as well as leading regular user research or testing activities to ensure designs are truly user centred. He/she will play a key role within a multidisciplinary team working to define the UX for a new, flexible (component-based), CMS. This will integrate and transform a number of global systems, extending to both public-facing information/transactional websites and staff editor experience.
UX Designer – key skills & experience
- Substantial experience in an Information Architecture or User Experience design role.
- Extensive experience of practising a full range of UCD techniques
- Understanding of the theory and benefits of a variety of user research methodologies
- Leading a range of end-to-end user research activities; from selecting and designing the appropriate research method / format through to facilitation and analysis.
- Understanding of component-based design
- Collaborating with the visual design process, following wireframes through to ensure that the purpose of the design is retained, while allowing creative input from designers.
- Experience designing interfaces for a range of devices, including mobile
- Designing elegant solutions for large, complex companies or organisations, from concept through to build.
- Managing stakeholders within a large organisation.
- Current and thorough knowledge of accessibility standards and best practices
- Leading or supporting the practical implementation of accessibility principles and ensuring accessibility forms part of design solutions.
- Working independently across multiple projects, defining his/her own work schedule on any given project
UX Designer – main accountabilities:
- To work closely with the Global Head of UX&VD and Deputy to help define principles which will inform the design of a new digital platform
- To lead the delivery of UX design solutions which will form the foundation for the new digital platform, in line with the vision of the Global Head of UX&VD.
- To lead the delivery of UX design solutions for our current CMS and a range of business critical transactional systems.
- To employ a range of tools and techniques to gather business requirements, develop design solutions and also to illustrate design thinking for non-technical colleagues; e.g. workshops, sketching, storyboarding, prototype creation.
- To contribute to the development and iteration of a UI / component / interaction library to improve the quality and consistency of our UX patterns across the breadth of the digital estate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org